Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I like the way you work it.

All White.
With a Splash of Color.

Trouser Denim
dressed up with a little black jacket-
LOVE.
and a statement necklace.
The nude bag
is a really nice choice to finish off this look.
(this girl is maximizing her closet!)

Stripes
on this fabulous military jacket and
a skinny belt- note the way she knotted it.

Again, more great stripes.
(both of these striped items can be dressed up as well)

Amazing leather jacket.
Great rich color.
Could have gone with a necklace but instead she chose a
scarf.

Great blazer in a fabulous color.
(transforms a pair of jeans and white t)
perfect amount of gold accessories- note how she rolled her jeans.

Do you ever look in the closet and go, 'I have nothing to wear!' It's amazing how vast your options could be when you invest in a few pieces that can turn a closet of clothes into a wardrobe. Here are just a few inexpensive options minus the leather jacket.

Scarves- You can find cute scarves at forever 21 for 8 bucks. That's less than you spend when you go out to lunch. There are a million different ways you can tie them so be creative. Scarves are no longer just for warmth.

Leather Jacket- A great fitting leather jacket can go over a dress, you can wear it with jeans, shorts, crops and on and on. It gives a really cool vibe to just about any outfit. If you want to make it super casual or warmer, throw a hoodie under it and it's like your leather jacket got an instant liner. In fact you can do this with a lot of jackets. Make sure and pop the hood out- it's the best part.

Statement Jewelry- A cool necklace or fun bracelets can bring your outfit out of the dust. I'm amazed at the really cool and surprisingly inexpensive jewelry that's out there. I've seen a ton of bp jewelry on t.v. stars. Bp is a department at Nordstrom. Forever 21 is another good one. A great add on that won't break the bank.

Belts- Belt a blouse, belt a dress, belt everything. Well maybe not everything, but a belt in your wardrobe wouldn't hurt.

Sometimes in my most desperate, 'trying to find what to wear' situations, I come up with something new that I end up loving. It's a force to get creative and to adjust your eye.

I challenge you to go in your closet and shop for a new outfit.

BK

images via Pinterest.

2 comments:

ashlee said...

You inspired me becky! Shopped my closet and came up with a new outfit!! Thanks!

Paxton said...

Just discovered your blog and I am in love! I think you have impeccable taste and I love the wit in your words! Bravo lady! Bravo!